Galaxy S5 all sensors broken...

A

AC Question

I've had my s5 for around 4 months now, and it has been functioning good, but today i decided to try out it's underwater capabilities. Nothing special, just 1 foot underwater just like I had seen others on youtube do it. I made sure everything was sealed, and did it.. seemed to work fine. Now, the phone is doing very bad. The power button does not work, I had to install a widget just to lock it. The worst thing, however is that all the sensors seem broken. I used a monitoring app, and all the sensors (Accelerometer, Gravity, Gyro, Light, Linear Acceleration, Magnetic Field, Orientation, Pressure, Proximity, and Rotation) do not respond. When I flip the phone in the camera app, nothing happens, racing games where you turn with the phone don't work either. Is there anything i can do?

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
I think before you do anything else you've got to take off the back, remove the battery, also the SIM and SD card if fitted, put all into dry rice and leave for several days at least, on the assumption that water has got into the device .

Posted via Android Central App

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
On a side note, not having read the S5 forums much, I wonder if Samsung made a bad decision here. Waterproof up to 1 meter for 30 minutes. With removable caps, that would depend on the long term integrity of the seals. I know S5 owners had early problems with broken usb cover hinges.
Good luck with that one.

In the meantime search in the Samsung S5 main forum or start a new thread to see if this is a common issue, and if they had any redress under warranty.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk Pro

Slashyou

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
I've had my s5 for around 4 months now, and it has been functioning good, but today i decided to try out it's underwater capabilities. Nothing special, just 1 foot underwater just like I had seen others on youtube do it. I made sure everything was sealed, and did it.. seemed to work fine. Now, the phone is doing very bad. The power button does not work, I had to install a widget just to lock it. The worst thing, however is that all the sensors seem broken. I used a monitoring app, and all the sensors (Accelerometer, Gravity, Gyro, Light, Linear Acceleration, Magnetic Field, Orientation, Pressure, Proximity, and Rotation) do not respond. When I flip the phone in the camera app, nothing happens, racing games where you turn with the phone don't work either. Is there anything i can do?

Did the water come into it?