Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default Galaxy s3 wont turn on

Hello all,

My galaxy s3 decided not to work today. It was working this morning. It didnt have a full charge when I woke and idk if it died in my pocket or what. I was using an app earlier in the day that may have used a lot of data/energy at once. At one point I pulled my phone out of my pocket and it was dead. I just assumed it died. But when i got back to my charger, it wouldn't charge. In messing with it, sometimes it would start to turn on or charge but then immediately shut off. I tried changing the battery to no avail. I took it to the at&t store, they thought it might be the battery, bestbuy said they thought it might be something internal, radioshack said battery too.
    -when i take the battery out then put it back in, it vibrates and starts to start up then stops.
    -when i take the battery out then put it back in with a charger in the phone, it vibrates, goes to the charging screen then stops.
    -when i take the battery out then put it back in without my microSD card in, it vibrates and starts to start up and gets a little further then stops.
    -when i put a charger in it with out the battery, the red led light flashes then goes out.
    -when i flick the side of the phone where the power button is while the battery is in, it'll vibrate and start to start up then stops. (I read something somewhere about a stuck internal power button)

Basically i cant get it past the first few seconds of starting up before it turns itself off.
    If any one could give me some insight on to what to do, i would be eternally grateful!

Default Re: Galaxy s3 wont turn on

It does sound as if it may just be a faulty power button. Are you able to enter Recovery Mode, in which you could perform a Cache Partition wipe?

Posted via Android Central App

...It's done thus, if you're not sure:

https://t-mobile.jive-mobile.com/#ji...cuments%2F6205

oh yeah, forgot to mention, hard start or safe start wont work either

Ah. Sorry to hear. I'd guess hardware fault then, but you might try reposting in Galaxy S3 forums where you're more likely to get a response from Samsung geniuses.