Problem saving movies on SD card

A

AC Question

Hey guys, I have a brand new Galaxy S5, and I am having issues with saving movies I download, onto the SD card. The sd card is a brand new, Samsung 64GB class 10, so I know the actual card is not the problem. Sometimes I can move or copy the movie from the phones internal space, to the sd card and the movie will play as normal. Then, other times, I will do the exact same thing and once the movie has moved over to the SD card, I get a " Sorry the video can't be played" message. I have tried using the move feature and the copy feature, and can't get a way to have it work all the time. I do not want to root the phone, and I know there are some sd card issues since the new version of KitKat came out. But I am confused why sometimes it works but most of the time it doesn't allow the mp4 files to store on my SD card and be played. I have tried using my computer, formatting the sd card, using 3rd party apps to move the files. Can someone give me any insight or a way to make this work? Thanks

krasipenev

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
Hi, I'm having exactly same issue with Galaxy S5 and a brand new Samsung 64GB SDXC Class 10 card. I put it in the phone straight from the box without formatting it. Shortly after I noticed the problem. It worked with smaller files like mp3 or shorter mp4 but not with long movies. It was also having issues when shooting a movie with the phone straight on the SD card. Therefore I formatted it through the phone. It seemed to work for couple of weeks. I managed to transfer about 6 HD movies and other files. That was until few days ago when the problem started again. My best guess now is that it is a problem of the card. I took it out and will do full format (not quick) on a PC. Will let you know if it will work.

greddycivic7

Aug 10, 2014
Visit site
Hi, I'm having exactly same issue with Galaxy S5 and a brand new Samsung 64GB SDXC Class 10 card. I put it in the phone straight from the box without formatting it. Shortly after I noticed the problem. It worked with smaller files like mp3 or shorter mp4 but not with long movies. It was also having issues when shooting a movie with the phone straight on the SD card. Therefore I formatted it through the phone. It seemed to work for couple of weeks. I managed to transfer about 6 HD movies and other files. That was until few days ago when the problem started again. My best guess now is that it is a problem of the card. I took it out and will do full format (not quick) on a PC. Will let you know if it will work.

please let me know if you figure this out. Im having the same issue. All I want to be able to do, is move movie files from my internal memory onto my SD card.