Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By croaton
  • 1 Post By croaton
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default Samsung s4 help needed

So here's the deal. I bought my sister a new s4 and a few weeks later she thought she lost it so through the insurance she is paying for, bought another one at a discounted price. She ended up finding it a few weeks later. Apparently it was stuck in the car seats turned off. Her insurance refuses to activate the first phone that was paid in full. Apparently they are under the delusion that the phone I paid for in full is their property? Now my question is, is there a way to bypass this nonsense some way? It would be nice to have this phone as a backup because it only spent a day or so outside of the box.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated because both Verizon and that insurance company are useless crooks.

Default Re: Samsung s4 help needed

Quote Originally Posted by AC Question View Post
    So here's the deal. I bought my sister a new s4 and a few weeks later she thought she lost it so through the insurance she is paying for, bought another one at a discounted price. She ended up finding it a few weeks later. Apparently it was stuck in the car seats turned off. Her insurance refuses to activate the first phone that was paid in full. Apparently they are under the delusion that the phone I paid for in full is their property? Now my question is, is there a way to bypass this nonsense some way? It would be nice to have this phone as a backup because it only spent a day or so outside of the box.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated because both Verizon and that insurance company are useless crooks.
    Hello. If the insurance paid for a new phone I can't see how the original phone is not their property. A stolen car later recovered by police belongs to the Insurance company that paid out. Are you saying you now want 2 phones for the cost of one? I doubt your phone insurance premiums will increase. I may not be reading this correctly.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Madd54 View Post
    Hello. If the insurance paid for a new phone I can't see how the original phone is not their property. A stolen car later recovered by police belongs to the Insurance company that paid out. Are you saying you now want 2 phones for the cost of one? I doubt your phone insurance premiums will increase. I may not be reading this correctly.

Ordinarily I would completely agree. What I wanted them to do is take back the replacement, refund the 100 or whatever paid to them and then use the original. Basically give them one of the phones and get the refund back. The refurb burns through its battery fast as hell and bogs down for some reason. Would like to use the original that actually works instead of the POS they sent.
    anon8380037 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by croaton View Post
    Ordinarily I would completely agree. What I wanted them to do is take back the replacement, refund the 100 or whatever paid to them and then use the original. Basically give them one of the phones and get the refund back. The refurb burns through its battery fast as hell and bogs down for some reason. Would like to use the original that actually works instead of the POS they sent.
    Hello. Thanks for coming back. I see what you mean and I apologise for not getting the full story. You paid a 100 excess so I don't know, they should make you an offer or accept the replacement back as you say.

What we could help your sister with is isolating the battery drain with the newer phone (they are both new) if she has to keep that. It's usually fairly easily spotted by looking at the battery and app usage screens, and turning off some sync settings.
    I hope they resolve it for you amicably.
    Someone else may have better advice here.

I tried just about anything you would do on an android phone aside from root. I told her to just toss in the original battery from the other phone, charge it and then test. We don't live together so we'll see how it goes in a day or so. Thank heavens Samsung allows you to access the battery unlike most other phones out there. I'm assuming that the battery has some sort of defect because the problem really doesn't seem to be software related. ~3 hours is the limit. When the nexus S came out a few years back, I bought it and had these types of problems along with some kind of software glitch (think xp blue screen of death). Had insurance on the phone and best buy would constantly try to fix the issue for months until they eventually gave up and just gave me a new phone. Problem was solved.
    That aside, thank you for the offer. Appreciate it.

Now to decide if I should buy the S5 or not. Need something smaller than this note2.
    anon8380037 likes this.