Hello everyone,

I recently found a Samsung Galaxy S3 (GT-I9300) on the street. I fully intended the moment I found it to return the phone to its rightful owner. But unfortunately the phone has a pattern lock on it. I would like to know if anyone knows of a way to bypass the Pattern lock so that I can maybe find a contact (Ex. Mother, Father, sibling) on the phone, give them a call and arrange for a pickup of the device since I don't want to keep it and deprive the owner of the phone for too long. I would like to know of any way that doesn't require me to perform some sort of data reset, as I would like to return the phone to the owner in the same way that I found it.

P.S. - For those of you that may think I'm up to no good and intend to steal this phone, I just ordered an LG G3 2 days ago and have no intentions of keeping this phone for personal use.
    08-10-2014 10:38 PM
    It sounds like you're on the level and are trying to do the right thing. However, any way of bypassing the lockscreen will likely involve doing a factory reset, in which case all data will be lost. I suggest instead that you consider posting "Found phone" signs in the area with contact information--the true owner should be pretty obvious, because he or she will be able to unlock the phone. Also consider posting in Craigslist for your area, which has a Lost & Found section. If you found it near a major store, like a department store or a restaurant, you could consider leaving a note with the management, in case anyone comes looking for their phone.
    08-11-2014 01:06 AM
    Hello and Thank You for the suggestions. But some things I forgot to mention are that the phones' language is set to Portuguese and I opened up the back cover where I found out that the phone is from Brazil. Also I noticed the phone is currently Roaming (There are two different times on the lock-screen: Roaming and "Casa" which I know means house). So it is very likely that the owner of the phone was just visiting my City and may have left, which is why I don't think putting signs (The place where I found the Phone wasn't near any stores) or posting on Craigslist will help unfortunately. Not sure what my options are at this point.
    08-11-2014 06:43 PM
    Still worth trying. Craigslist is an international site, so the original owner may actually check it.
    Nabil Jave likes this.
    08-11-2014 06:45 PM
    If the phone is "branded" with a carrier's name, find their website and send an email or open a chat session if supported. Give them the IMEI number of the phone (should be inside, probably under the battery) and let them alert the owner.

PS: if the phone has a Sim card you can probably find the carrier's name on it as well as the Sim card number.

Posted via Android Central App
    B. Diddy likes this.
    08-12-2014 03:32 AM