Samsung s5 did factory reset on its own

A

AC Question

Why would the phone do that? And if not backed up...did zi lose everything like pictures?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! It did a full factory reset, meaning that you had to go through the whole setup wizard again, log on to your Google account, etc.? If that's the case, then you probably did lose any pictures saved in Internal Storage. If they were on an external SD card, then they're probably still there. Do you recall what the phone was doing when it reset? Or did you turn it on after not using it for a little while, only to find that it had reset? It's pretty rare, but I've seen one or two posts like this--can't remember if they were S5's. Probably some massive software glitch. Sorry to hear about it! You may want to notify Samsung.

missvanilla

Apr 25, 2015
Visit site
Hey!

My S3 Mini did the same thing. I had to go through all the initial setup and I was sure everthing was lost, but then my old wallpaper showed up. Also, I get the insufficient storage message even though there's no data on the phone, apparently. Any ideas about what this might be or how I could fix my phone?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781