Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default Samsung s5 did factory reset on its own

Why would the phone do that? And if not backed up...did zi lose everything like pictures?

Global Posts
    4,686 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Kitkat

Default Re: Samsung s5 did factory reset on its own

Quote Originally Posted by AC Question View Post
    Why would the phone do that? And if not backed up...did zi lose everything like pictures?
    Hello. Welcome to Android Central.

I'm not exactly sure what went wrong, but have you tried looking on Google Drive to see if your photos are there?

Sent from my HTC One XL using AC Forums mobile app

Welcome to Android Central! It did a full factory reset, meaning that you had to go through the whole setup wizard again, log on to your Google account, etc.? If that's the case, then you probably did lose any pictures saved in Internal Storage. If they were on an external SD card, then they're probably still there. Do you recall what the phone was doing when it reset? Or did you turn it on after not using it for a little while, only to find that it had reset? It's pretty rare, but I've seen one or two posts like this--can't remember if they were S5's. Probably some massive software glitch. Sorry to hear about it! You may want to notify Samsung.

Hey!

My S3 Mini did the same thing. I had to go through all the initial setup and I was sure everthing was lost, but then my old wallpaper showed up. Also, I get the insufficient storage message even though there's no data on the phone, apparently. Any ideas about what this might be or how I could fix my phone?

Mine did the same thing yesterday! EVERYTHING was wiped, including the SD card! NOT IMPRESSED!