Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By B. Diddy
  • 1 Post By wizzrah
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Unhappy sony xperia l

i can't delete my messages on my device b'coz i hve over 100000msgs on my device, so when i delete all divice stuck........ plz help me

Default Re: sony xperia l

Welcome to Android Central! Holy mackerel, that's a lot of messages! So when you try to delete them using the Messages app, it just freezes? It might take a looooong time for the delete process to complete--how long did you wait?

You could also go to Settings>Apps>All, select Messaging (or whatever the messaging app is called), and tap Clear Cache and Clear Data. I think that will clear all messages.

IN CASE YOU'RE WONDERING, I'll be on vacation from 7/27 to 8/13, with only intermittent web access. So if you don't see me around much, don't worry, I didn't defect to another site or anything like that.
    Thanked by:
    Linix Lahiru likes this.

it didn't worked

So after you tapped Clear Data and then reopened the Messaging app, all of those messages were still there? Do you remember how much storage space the Messaging data was taking up?

IN CASE YOU'RE WONDERING, I'll be on vacation from 7/27 to 8/13, with only intermittent web access. So if you don't see me around much, don't worry, I didn't defect to another site or anything like that.
    Thanked by:

Yeah I was trying to delete a few thousand messages and after like 30 seconds, messages froze, and I had to restart my device

Posted via Android Central App with my Samsung Galaxy S5

25.50mb, it deletes all my apps setting...... um using go sms for messaging is there any method to delete my messages ?

So are you saying you went to Settings>Apps, selected GO SMS, tapped Clear Data, and it only cleared your settings but not the messages?

Thanked by:

yes of course....

Global Posts
    4,681 Global Posts
    ROM
    Kitkat

Have you tried deleting the messages in smaller intervals rather than all at once?

I am a developer for HTC devices. If you ever need help with one, let me know.
    Thanked by:

Are u kidding me #wizzrah i got over 100000 msgs. if i do that will take too long....(eg: 10 by 10) but thank u i will try to delete some,

Global Posts
    4,681 Global Posts
    ROM
    Kitkat

Quote Originally Posted by Linix Lahiru View Post
    Are u kidding me #wizzrah i got over 100000 msgs. if i do that will take too long....(eg: 10 by 10) but thank u i will try to delete some,
    It doesn't need to be 10. If you can do more, then by all means try. Just don't do it all at once.

I am a developer for HTC devices. If you ever need help with one, let me know.
    Thanked by:
    Linix Lahiru likes this.

I just installed GO SMS Pro on one of my old phones to test out for you. From the main screen, swipe in from the left, tap Settings, then tap Others under the Application heading, and turn the "Auto delete old messages" switch to On. Then tap on Text Message Limit and adjust it to however many messages you want per conversation. Now see if the app deletes the messages.

Thanked by:

It also ain't work man..... Do you hve any idea?

Are you absolutely sure all of these messages are associated with GO SMS Pro, and not with the stock Messenger? And have you tried emailing the GO SMS developer about your problem? gosms@goforandroid.com