Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default Game saved on SD card is not showing up on new phone.

I had a Samsung Galaxy s 3 and had a game called The Secret Society, I saved it over to the SD card when we were getting ready to get new phones, the new s5 phone. When the SD card was put into my new phone that game did not show up. So I downloaded the app again to see if it would recognize the game and put be back where I was in levels. but it did not recognize it and im back at level 1. is there any way to try to get the game back off my SD card? I did sign into Google Games on the Galaxy s 3 thinking that would also save my place...but it didnt.

Global Posts
    13,293 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Default Re: Game saved on SD card is not showing up on new phone.

Quote Originally Posted by AC Question View Post
    I had a Samsung Galaxy s 3 and had a game called The Secret Society, I saved it over to the SD card when we were getting ready to get new phones, the new s5 phone. When the SD card was put into my new phone that game did not show up. So I downloaded the app again to see if it would recognize the game and put be back where I was in levels. but it did not recognize it and im back at level 1. is there any way to try to get the game back off my SD card? I did sign into Google Games on the Galaxy s 3 thinking that would also save my place...but it didnt.
    I don't think you can. The game probably saved a unique id linking the device with your game data/progress. Copying the file won't work. What you probably need to do is move the entire App, plus data, over to the new device through Titanium Backup or My Backup Pro. That will require root access, so If you are not rooted then it won't work.

Default Re: Game saved on SD card is not showing up on new phone.

thank you
    I did sign into Google Games on the Galaxy s 3 thinking that would also save my place...but it didnt.