samsung s2 won't go into recovery mode
Ok, unlocked my samsung s2 using odin to install a rom so I could be rooted and use the unlocking app I found on a giffgaf howoto youtube, tested it on my sister's simcard, it worked. Took the simcard out, restarted the phone, stuck the old sim in, worked fine.
I wanted to factory reset the phone so I could give it to a friend. Now each time it boots up, it won't continue. I've left it on 24 hours (or however long the battery took to drain). I've tried to enter recovery mode (volume up, home, power) but it just boots up, shows the logo, and a yellow triangle with an exclaimation point in it.
Can I use odin to reinstall a samsung s2 rom onto this phone? Right now it's like a brick.
- 08-11-2014, 08:01 PM #2
Re: samsung s2 won't go into recovery mode
You can at least give it a try. I had this issue once, and the only thing that worked for me was pulling the battery for about an hour, then reflashing the ROM I was running.
You could give both of those solutions a shot and hopefully one will work. My bet is on a clean install through Odin though.
- By ciao1982 in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 14Last Post: 06-19-2016, 04:39 PM
- By lazerproof in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 4Replies: 38Last Post: 08-22-2014, 06:33 PM
- By steve_ma in forum Samsung Galaxy S3Replies: 4Last Post: 08-18-2014, 08:52 AM
- By benayai in forum Moto G (2013)Replies: 2Last Post: 08-14-2014, 06:54 PM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 08-11-2014, 03:12 PM