Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Transfer service or Root/Flash first

I'm moving from an Incredible to the Inc2 (I know I know it's an old phone, best I could manage under the circumstances)

What I want to know, and this is a more general question anyway, is should I transfer Service to the Inc2 BEFORE I start messing with root/S-OFF/flashing new ROMs, or should I try to get the new phone set up with root/ROM first?
    I've been looking around various forums and I can't seem to find anywhere that covers this.

On Verizon if that makes any difference.

Basically my concern is that it will be harder/impossible to transfer service after flashing a new ROM. To me it would seem easier to get everything set up and then do it so I don't have to keep re-activating if things go hinky and I have to try different ROMs etc.

Any insight would be appreciated!

Global Posts
    13,077 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Default Re: Transfer service or Root/Flash first

Transfer service before you root/ROM. Technically, root itself won't cause problems. However, installing a custom ROM, especially AOSP derived ROMs, can create problems with establishing service on a non-activated device.