Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
08-11-2014 01:36 PM
5 replies
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default HTC One M8 Mini - Blurry Camera/Auto Focus Doesn't Work

Hi,

Actually my phone is M8 Mini but there is no discussion for Mini so M8 and M8 Mini are similar so I thought maybe I can get help in this forum. I was a windows user who started using android in last 4-5 weeks.

I bought my phone a month ago in Kuwait. after 7 days I realized microphone was making noise and people couldn't hear me. I went back to the shop (called Alghanim) and they didn't replaced it, but they said under 1 year warranty you can fix it in their authorized service.

However, I sent it to them and after 2 weeks waiting finally they fixed it. They fixed the Mic, but another issue came up after I received the phone. The phone was not ringing in my pocket, only vibration.

I sent it back to the service again, and received it one day before I left Kuwait (it means that I didn't have time to go back to them cause I lost my job over there).

Now, the phone is ringing in my pocket. It looks like they resettled my phone cause all data and apps were deleted.

But, it looks like I will never gonna be satisfied with my phone after I sent it to these guys. Now, you need to press very hard the volume button cause it's not like the new phones have it to work (by pressing it lightly). And, the bottom front part of the phone (the plastic part where is the front camera and speakers) is going out after they opened the phone. I need to press it always in order to keep it in it's place.

My main problem now is camera. the first pic attached is made right after I bought my HTC and as you can see it was very clear. But after they reset my phone, the photos are blurry same as second picture.

Can anybody help me giving me advise of what I can do? I am no longer in Kuwait and not able to contact the seller or service shop who "fixed" my phone. I would highly appreciate it since I am new with android.

HTC One M8 Mini - Blurry Camera/Auto Focus Doesn't Work-before.jpg

HTC One M8 Mini - Blurry Camera/Auto Focus Doesn't Work-after.jpg

Default Re: HTC One M8 Mini - Blurry Camera/Auto Focus Doesn't Work

Welcome to Android Central! Was it HTC that has been doing all of this repair work, or some other shop? If you bought your phone brand new, you should be asking HTC to do the repairs, and if problems persist, ask them about a possible replacement phone.

Regarding the blurry photo--can you make sure that you don't have the Macro setting turned on in the Camera settings?
    Mentor R likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks for the reply sir.

It was some other shop who was doing the repair work. It was a shop that was authorized from the seller (Alghanim) who sold the phone. I think it was the only shop who can repair HTC and Nokia in Kuwait. Now, after I came home I contacted the shop that they sold it to me and they said the warranty is only for Kuwait. So I asked them to send me an contact email for the shop who did the repair so at least I can ask them what they did (they didn't reply yet with this info).

How should I ask HTC to do the repair?

Regarding the Macro - the Macro setting is not turned on. I was playing with all those settings but still no luck.

Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    Welcome to Android Central! Was it HTC that has been doing all of this repair work, or some other shop? If you bought your phone brand new, you should be asking HTC to do the repairs, and if problems persist, ask them about a possible replacement phone.

Regarding the blurry photo--can you make sure that you don't have the Macro setting turned on in the Camera settings?

If the phone has been worked on by some independent shop, then my guess is that the warranty is now void. But you can still try to contact HTC support. Go to Countries | HTC United States, and pick your country. Then look for a Contact Us option.

hey. So after much research apparently a lot of htc cameras do not focus, a firmware defect. Did you find any solution ? My phone has the same problem -_-

Hey ! Did you find any solution for the camera ? My new HTC m8 mini's camera is not working also. No focus !