Porting Samsung Glaxy S3 from Verizon to AT&T

A

AC Question

Good day everyone!

I recently had my # ported from Verizon to AT&T. I have a Samsung Galaxy S3. Once ported, texting and calling both work fine; however, I can not get the data to work. I have full bars, but it doesn't say "4G" where it once used to. When I try to load a web page or app it says no internet connection can be found.

The AT&T sales person who ported my # said she has done it with S3 Verizon phones before but for some reason couldn't get it to work. I talked to Verizon and they said while the phone was unlocked, it hasn't been fully disconnected (even though my account was) and the system will fully disconnect my phone at the end of my next billing cycle, but that they couldn't guarantee the data would work after being fully disconnected.

I looked around on the site and the internet and I saw some people say Verizon phones are incompatible with AT&T network; and other posts say they have gotten it to work. So I am confused now.

On Menu...Settings...More Settings...Mobile Networks...Network Mode... It has GSM as an option but I tried selecting it but it still couldn't find the AT&T network.

Any help would be much appreciated!

andyxxx

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
I see where it says "Access Point Names" but looks like you have to enter in a bunch of data fields. (Name, APN, Proxy, Port, etc...) How do I know what to enter?

There are no other "default" APNs besides 'LTE - Verizon Internet'

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
educationalco22