Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default Samsung Galaxy 4 scree won't light up but ph works!

I dropped samsung galaxy 4 phone in water today. Had quality protective case & screen protector. I had it out in about 2 seconds quickly removed battery, it was not wet at all inside. I double checked that everything appeared dry. Put phone back together. Came on no problem. Everything worked perfect for 30 min. Then screen faded . Phone turns on and off no problem and I can complete and accept calls from my blue tooth. Just screen wont light up now. I can hear I'm getting text and emails. All voice functions work thru phone. I took to a Cell Ph Repair shop. They advised that the LED screen needed to be replaced and quoted $239.00!! I have a free replacement coming from provided tomorrow, but need screen to light up so I can trasfer date. Any suggestions? Thaks Kat

Default Re: Samsung Galaxy 4 scree won't light up but ph works!

Do the transfer using Bluetooth, if that's working on your old phone..so far as I recall you don't really need to see anything on the display.

Posted via Android Central App