Nexus 5 water damage draining battery

A

AC Question

wondered if any could help I have a google nexus 5 on contract and dropped it in the toilet over a week ago literally was in there for all of 1 second as i dunked my hand in lol. However, it does work and turn on but i made the error of plugging it straight into a charger 10 mins after it happened. It charges at a rate of about 20% every 2 hours and when i use it as in the back light on it goes down about 2% every minute its so frustrating ive opened it all up and th eonly water corrision on it is on the lcd connector it seems according to a dissembley youtube video. I bought a new battery thinking it would help but it is doing exactly the same. Also bought a replacement charger still not helping. Another thing when the back light is on even on the dullest brightness and using the phone it heats up so so quick down at the bottom near the home screen button very hot to touch actually burnt my cheek when i made a 1 minute call the other day. Any ideas as to what will fix this or wat replacement part i would need. I did have in mind that it might be the usb flex charger ribbon. Can anyone shed any light and has anybody has this issue before. Thanks guys

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12