- 08-11-2014, 07:11 PM #2
- 08-11-2014, 09:18 PM #4
- 197 Posts
Re: GPS Navigation Without Internet Accesss
Not sure if it will help as a free sort of workaround but have you read Jerry Hildenbrand's recent article about this? How to save a map for use offline in Google Maps | Android Central
Note in particular his observation "If you start navigation while you are connected, and both your location and your destination are saved in an offline map, you can get started then turn off data and still get directions."
I'm thinking this may be of no use to you but hey it could be worth exploring.
EDIT: Also read the comments below Jerry's article; could be something in there that helps, after you sort through all the negativity chaff!
- By RoswellWitness in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 3Last Post: 08-11-2014, 05:48 PM
- By chrisscan87 in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 2Last Post: 08-11-2014, 05:23 PM
- By Jawnboi in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 08-11-2014, 12:41 PM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 0Last Post: 08-10-2014, 08:35 PM
- By Onetwothreefourfivethreetwo in forum Samsung Galaxy Tab 3Replies: 2Last Post: 08-10-2014, 07:13 PM