Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By B. Diddy
  • 1 Post By Ulderico Ze Machado
  • 1 Post By Bhanuka Mendis
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 error after auto update to Kitkat 4.4.2

My Samsung galaxy grand 2 just got an auto update to 4.4.2 and I accept the update to install, as usual, the installation going smooth however I am now having an issue with the phone, it keeps re-starting it self every 4 or 5 minutes, its really annoying after the updates. I am planing to re-flash manually to original image but willing to listen to this forums is there anything we can do to solve the issue.
    The original image is JB 4.3

Many thanks
    Rico

Default Re: Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 error after auto update to Kitkat 4.4.2

Try booting into Recovery Mode and wiping the cache partition. Follow the steps in this video, but instead of selecting Wipe Data/Factory Reset, make sure you select Wipe Cache Partition. When complete, select Reboot System Now.

3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I have done exactly this "WIPE CHACE PARTITION" but the problem persist, its still keep restarting every 4 to minutes, it has happened 4 times after I clear the cache.
    Please help.

Thanks
    Rico

A corrupt SD card can cause problems as well. Try unmounting it (Settings>Storage), removing it, and rebooting.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I've fixed this issue.
    1. There was advice to WIPE CHACE PARTITION, I did that but problem persist.
    2. So I follow my own instinct to to FACTORY RESET and the issue solved. WIFI is working again, button are working and its not restarting anymore.

Bear in mind, take 2 minutes or so to backup your data, I normally backup my SMS and whatsapp message, that's it, others are all in my Google account.

Do factory reset from safemode. while the phone is off, press vol (up) + menu + power, then select the task you desire.

Glad you fixed it! Factory resetting is always an option, but I usually reserve it as a last resort, since backing up and restoring a phone can be a bit of a hassle.
    Thanked by:
    Golfdriver97 likes this.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Thanks B. Didi its good because now I have 4.4.2 Kitkat so I can print and so on....nice. I was a bit of worried with factory reset that would bring my phone back t JB4.3 but it was not, it keep the 4.4.2.
    I leave the phone 3 hours ago and still my Apps has not finalized installing, too many to pull from Google backup.
    Thanks for you support.
    B. Diddy likes this.

Please follow the below steps once.
    1. Do the "wipe data/factory reset"
    2. Before you restart make sure to "wipe cache partition"
    3. Then restart and your issue will be fixed.
    I had the same and I did this in above sequence.
    Zohya Anees likes this.

Thanks a lot for your help! I too was having the same problem!

Hello my name is zohya i have the same problem as you have but my screen turns blue i went to samsung service center they fixed it but still same problem pleas help
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Zohya Anees View Post
    Hello my name is zohya i have the same problem as you have but my screen turns blue i went to samsung service center they fixed it but still same problem pleas help

Unhappy Re: Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 error after auto update to Kitkat 4.4.2

After factory resetting and wiping partition my problem is not solved. I still have restart issue. i did factory reset atleast 3 times, still no relief.

hi all,
    i'm still facing the same issue. After factory reset my screen turn in blue and and all pictures and images taken from mobile camera are also blues (not really visible). I have restarted the mobile but the situation remains unchanged. Please assist me solve this issue.