8 pin lightning (female) to micro usb (male)

sheenaevans

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
I'm a long time iphone use considering converting to android (samsung galaxy s5, to be specific). I have a Sony iphone 5 docking station that I LOVE. Is there any kind of adapter I can get to convert from the lightning connector to micro usb?

Chiplg

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
I looked exhaustively with no luck as well. I do have a couple of suggestions though. Both options are basically to make your own.

First, google "USB to Lightning wiring diagram"

Option 1: Open the Sony Dock, remove the connector, and wire in a micro usb to take its place. This is much harder than option 2 and probably not what you want to do unless you feel comfortable taking apart your electronics and modifying them.

Option 2: Make an adapter cable. Buy a lightning extension cable, cut the male end off (ouchie!), and use the wiring diagram to replace the male lighting end with a male micro USB end. Here is a link to the micro USB end. USB DIY Connector Shell - Type Micro-B Plug ID: 1390 - $0.95 : Adafruit Industries, Unique & fun DIY electronics and kits

Depending on how the dock is made, you might be able to replace the connector with a cable that has some slack and will go back into the dock as you set the phone in place. I'd need pics to know.

If you need more detailed instructions let me know.