12-11-2016 06:08 PM
37 12
tools Reply
    Yep... i too have this happen MANY times a day... and its really getting old very quick.
    Ready to say screw it and get another brand.
    Never had this problem until perhaps few months ago.
    Had sim card replaced...but no luck.
    Anyone please have a fix to this issue yet?
    tahoechris and whyandroid like this.
    09-01-2015 05:29 PM
    My phone has suddenly started giving me the sim card removed restart phone mode.,multiple times a day., I just changed carriers.does this have something to do with it?or does your S5 come with a 2 1/4 electronic life setting via manufacturer so you have to g ok buy a new phone???
    11-10-2015 06:41 PM
    The fix so far for me was to take my phone out of my hard-shell protective case. One of the tips I read online mentioned the idea of the protective case expanding and contracting due to heat, which would then cause this stupid error. So I decided to press (and hold the press, don't let go yet) the back of my case firmly but gently to force the case to expand while my phone was still in it. Lo and behold, I caused the error to change to "SIM card found...restart phone" or something like that. When I let go of the press, sure enough, the "No SIM card detected..." error came back. After pressing and releasing the back of the case a few times, causing this change of messages, I decided to take my phone out of the case. I have not seen the error again since then. As a tech guy myself, I've concluded this is a hardware design issue of the phone and case (Speck, or any hard shell case) because they should have done better testing. I'm thinking of replacing my hard case with a flexible rubber-only one, or one that when it expands, it does not put pressure on the phone. I didn't have this problem with my S4 or previous phones, even with a hard case. My 4 had a hard case.
    01-10-2016 10:07 AM
    Do you have to remove screen in order to get to the sim tray? And did you complete following on S5?

Any DIY pictures would be nice

Thanks
    03-07-2016 07:40 AM
    I've had this same problem on my S4, although it didn't start happening until I'd had the phone for about a year. So far I've tried nearly every practical fix action (short of replacing the phone):

1) Factory reset the phone.
    2) Replaced SIM card (and used compressed air to clean out any possible traces of debris, despite always keeping the phone in an Otterbox case).
    3) Replace SIM card/SD card tray. Found the part for $7 on Amazon (w/ Prime), and operation was straightforward with just removing the 9 small screws holding the back of the phone together, disconnecting the small ribbon cable connecting the tray to the motherboard and peeling the tray off of the motherboard. No soldering needed, so it's something most people could try. Online sources suggest a heat gun to remove the tray but mine peeled off without much effort. Regardless, it's a cheaper and less inconvenient fix than spending $100 to get a replacement with the insurance thingy my carrier has, and I think I could still send my phone back without the repair being noticed.

Each of these fixes would prove to be just temporary. I've noticed the problem was more likely to occur when I'd been commuting somewhere (i.e. the phone was in my pocket). I wonder if there's some sort of localized overheating type of problem, as I haven't had any issues since I quit using the Otterbox case and have kept my phone out of my pocket as much.
    Do you have to remove screen in order to get to the sim tray? And did you complete following on S5?

Any DIY pictures would be nice

Thanks
    03-07-2016 07:44 AM
    It happens with many phones, i wouldnt factory resest my phone becuase it ussually doesnt ever have anything to do with the software,
    Your choices are
    -get a new phone with a tighter sim holder
    - open the phone up and insert the sim farther in the holder(if it fell out)
    -find a way to make it stay in the holder (a bit of tape will do)

If it still keeps happening its probable your hardware is damaged and its best to just get a new phone.

Hope this helps
    04-16-2016 11:42 AM
    Hi! I'm having a similar issue here on my SM-G900A. So I just recently upgraded my phone from Android 5.0 to Android 5.1.1 and ever since then, it's not been able to read the SIM card. I don't want to factory reset it as it places me back to Android 5.0 which I don't really like. Is there an app that can diagnose the problem or will I just have to factory reset it? Any support is appreciated!
    05-30-2016 08:16 PM
    After getting that message 8 times in one day and missing out on 2 shift at work because of it I took the battery out got my hammer and bashed the *^#* out of the phone .... Now that message wont come up
    08-09-2016 04:51 AM
    Hi! I'm having a similar issue here on my SM-G900A. So I just recently upgraded my phone from Android 5.0 to Android 5.1.1 and ever since then, it's not been able to read the SIM card. I don't want to factory reset it as it places me back to Android 5.0 which I don't really like. Is there an app that can diagnose the problem or will I just have to factory reset it? Any support is appreciated!
    Hello. Sorry your post was missed.
    It's often best to start a new thread on this Ask a Question forum.

You will know by now that performing a factory reset won't roll back the OS version.

So how's your summer been
    08-09-2016 04:57 AM
    I have got the same problem but factory reset doesnt work....after couple of hours i find the issue!
    I have placed a small metal piece on my SIM card reader to hold mi sim card on the place and it helped...thanks guys you are awesome!!!!
    (It was a problem with hardware no software)
    09-20-2016 10:23 AM
    Here is how I resolved this issue on my att note 2. Go to the phone dial pad and type:
    *#197328640# and enter service mode.
    (1) UMTS
    (1) DEBUG SCREEN
    (8) PHONE CONTROL
    (5) SIMULATION
    (1) MODEM ASSERT (RESET)
    After I clicked modem assert reset I got the no signal symbol and the no sim error disappeared and ATT came back up and my phone works now. Hope this helped.
    When I put in the number and try to dial it error message mobile network not available
    12-11-2016 05:54 PM
    When I put in the number and try to dial it error message mobile network not available
    Welcome to Android Central.

Do you mean that this happens when you are trying to access the Service Menu? The code for accessing that varies from one phone to another, and also varies with different versions and carriers. What phone do you have?
    12-11-2016 06:08 PM
37 12