Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Do any or some Widgets drain battery?

I've a new low entry model phone with Android kitKat (Celkon A35K - India) and it has all low end specs for internal storage (allows certain apps to be on SD card) and battery life is not good!
    So the challenge is to adjust the usage of apps to maximize the battery life
    Just switched to Google Now launcher and it is great.. but I suspect it drains battery trying to pull info for cards (My loca
    I use 3 widgets -- Calendar, Analog clock, Google Keeption reporting is On)

On a general note, do any or some widgets drain battery (a la Gadgets in Windows) or it is specific to how they're built?

Thanks!
    RK

Default Re: Do any or some Widgets drain battery?

Quote Originally Posted by RKnotes View Post
    I've a new low entry model phone with Android kitKat (Celkon A35K - India) and it has all low end specs for internal storage (allows certain apps to be on SD card) and battery life is not good!
    So the challenge is to adjust the usage of apps to maximize the battery life
    Just switched to Google Now launcher and it is great.. but I suspect it drains battery trying to pull info for cards (My loca
    I use 3 widgets -- Calendar, Analog clock, Google Keeption reporting is On)

On a general note, do any or some widgets drain battery (a la Gadgets in Windows) or it is specific to how they're built?

Thanks!
    RK
    It would depend on the widget to be honest, some widgets don't do anything until you interact with them, others - such as weather widgets refresh every hour or so and that would use up battery. I would imagine tho, that even the smallest of widgets would play some factor in the battery, but not by much