Samsung Galaxy S 3 earphones in headphone jack have a lot of static noise
My galaxy s3 is approx 2 years old, a couple of days ago, I discovered that when i placed my earphones in my headphone jack, I couldn't hear any music just a lot of static noise, when I increase the volume the static noise just increases.However if I take my earphones out the music from the speakers is completely normal. As of now I have done the following in order to resolve the issue but to no avail:
1. Looked for lint (there wasn't any but I cleaned it anyway)
2. Have tried different earphones (which work fine has I've tried placing them in other devices)
3. Looked at my settings, changed them, nothing works
4. My earphones are pushed in all the way, the case I'm using doesn't deter that from happening (Also moving them around doesn't seem to work)
5. Banged the headphone jack area on my knee (read a thread where apparently this worked for a lot of people but it didn't work for me)
6. And thats all I can think of now
Any suggestions are appreciated and thanks everyone.
Re: Samsung Galaxy S 3 earphones in headphone jack have a lot of static noise
There are only two tests you need to locate the problem.
1. Try existing earphones with a different known good source device.
2. Try different earphones in your S3.
This should tell you which component has the fault. Change the defective part.