Changing messaging font size - LG G3

A

AC Question

I went to sleep last night and while I was asleep I must have done something with my phone because the font in my messaging app is now huge and I can't figure out how to revert it. Does anyone know how to change the text size in the LG G3's messaging app? I've tried the volume button and it just lowers the volume.

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
I went to sleep last night and while I was asleep I must have done something with my phone because the font in my messaging app is now huge and I can't figure out how to revert it. Does anyone know how to change the text size in the LG G3's messaging app? I've tried the volume button and it just lowers the volume.

I don't have the phone, but have you tried pinching out on the text? that usually makes it bigger or smaller

Judy Felix

Jul 20, 2017
Visit site
Oh my God...this worked! Thank you I was going crazy...I like a big font and it had gotten small...pinching worked...thank you...wasted an hour before I found your solution but you saved me further time.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
I am an old fart what is pinching. My LG3 has suddenly gone to a microscopic font that I have to struggle to read.

Welcome. :)

Put the tips of your thumb and index finger on the screen and move them further apart or closer together.

The G3 can also be set to enlarge part of the screen image by a quick triple tap, and returned to normal with the same action. I don’t recall for certain right now, but that setting is probably in Settings, Accessibility.

LG_ARISTO

Oct 8, 2017
Visit site
Hi, the pinching method worked for text messaging to bring it back up to "huge"--that is, if 160% is huge? But my general screen display is still small, even though I tried putting it back to "huge" in settings. When I try to do this, it pops a message, "this is not available for some applications..."

I have never gotten this message before.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
faret