Google Play store has accented characters

A

AC Question

I have a G2 running 2.3.6. Recently the Google Play Store App Icon shows an accent mark over each character and it reads [Play Store one two}. At the App Store itself, the MORE buttons read [more one] and the INSTALL buttons read [INSTALL ONE TWO]. No idea what I did to cause this or how to get rid of it. Any help would be appreciated.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Which G2 phone do you have? It can't be the LG G2, because 2.3.6 is Gingerbread, which is a really old Android version.

Try going to Settings>Apps>All, select Google Play Store, and Clear Cache/Clear Data, then Force Stop. Now open it again and see if it works correctly.

jedaustin

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
It does not resolve the problem. This just appeared for me also yesterday. [Google play Store one two three] version 4.9.13 which has accented character appears. In my case I'm using Galaxy Note i717. Any idea how to fix this?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I've never encountered that issue before. Are you in the US? Was the phone originally intended for another country? Check your system language settings-- what is it set to?

Posted via Android Central App

TrozzyTrozz

Aug 15, 2014
Visit site
I'm having this same issue, on day one I was locked out of my phone and I was unable to put in my passcode.
I tried to perform a factory reset and it asked for a password after about 5 attempts it did a factory reset, I thought everything was normal after the factory reset until I looked at the Play Store app and it was labeled as "Market" I downloaded an app and installed it (GPS app) after I installed it my play store app changed to accented characters and is labeled "Play Store one two". I thought that it was something wrong so I re-flashed my SGH-i717 (Samsung Galaxy Note) performed another reformat and I still have the same issue with the play store. Now it just says "Market". I dont know what else to do..... I might buy another phone...

WindysurfNZ

Aug 28, 2014
Visit site
I have the same problem. My phone is an LG Optimus 2X running Gingerbread 2.3.4. noticed it about two weeks ago, Did a factory reset, and all was good - until I went on the Play Store to redownload my apps, Play Store updated itself from 3.4.7 to 4.9.13. The problem reappeared. Uninstalling the update from Applications resets Play Store back to Play Shop, but if I go into it again, it auto-downloads the update again.
How widespread is this - I googled at the time, and no-one was reporting it.
I don't have the box checked for unknown sources enabled, and the only 'non-corporate' apps I have on the phone are:
Battery Mix, eBroadcast, Equalizer, Swype + Dragon, and TransitTimes+. To rule out any conflict, have you got any of these installed?