Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default My Droid Razr HD won't update!

My name is Ashton, and I own a Droid RAZR HD. The version of my phone is 4.1.2. A few weeks ago, I saw a new update notification appear on my phone. The update was the latest update as of 8-12-14, Android 4.4.2 KitKat. Ever since then, I've been trying to install it. The update downloads just fine, but when it turns off to install.. It shows the little Android mascot. However, about a little more than a quarter of the update installed, the little Android mascot is shown "dead" on the ground. Then, my phone just restarts and once the phone was back on, it just says "Update Failed." Yet, my Android keeps bringing up the Update, and I still want to finish the installation of the Update. Please Help?

Posted via the Android Central App

Default Re: My Droid Razr HD won't update!

Welcome to Android Central! See what happens if you boot into Recovery Mode and wipe the cache partition. Then try updating again. Wipe Cache Partition - DROID RAZR HD / RAZR MAXX HD by MOTOROLA
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks for the reply, but when I press the option to go in Recovery Mode, it shows the same Android Mascot with a red exclamation point.

Right--from there, the instructions say to press and hold the Volume Up button, then while holding that button, press and release the Power button.
    Thanked by:
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Oh. I understand how to wipe the Cache Partition now. I finished wiping it and turned on my phone. Then, I re-downloaded the Update, but it still shows the Droid Triage Screen about halfway through the Update, causing the update to fail.

You're not rooted, are you? A rooted phone with a modified ROM could have difficulties trying to update OTA.
    Thanked by:
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

At a point in time, I did root my phone. I then did a factory reset and then manually un-rooted my phone. Is there any way for me to update my phone, even if it was previously rooted?

I'm not sure if the fact that you were rooted before and then unrooted would still affect the OTA update process. Let me ask around.
    Thanked by:
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Thank you. I'll wait on this thread for he answer.