Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default My SD card wont read. Help please!

My phone died, so I charged it and it said "BLANK SD CARD OR UNSUPPORTED FILESYSTEM." Then asks me to format it. I have a bunch of pictures from my vacation how do I get them back? My computer says the same as well. If I format will I have all my pictures still? I have a galaxy note3 and a 2 Gb SD.

Default Re: My SD card wont read. Help please!

If you format you will lose all data. You say your card won't read on a computer either? It can be that the card itself got corrupted.

You can try to repair it using file checking tools on a PC. Just make sure that you DON'T format the card anywhere until you've exhausted all of your options. Again, formatting will make you lose all information in the card.

Global Posts
    180 Global Posts

Default Re: My SD card wont read. Help please!

Do a search for "Corrupt SD card recovery" You will find multiple PC utilities that claim to recover your corrupted data. I cannot speak to the effectiveness of any of these apps, but they are your best bet for cheap. I tried several a few years ago on a compact flash card that got corrupted on a photo shoot I did as a favor with no luck. Thank goodness it was just a favor and not for cash. Sometimes corrupted is forever. Good luck. There are also data recovery experts, but they charge a fortune.

When you get it going again, I recommend setting your phone to backup you pictures to the cloud automatically.