Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default Audio Problems

I have two 10.1"Android 4.4 KitKat TabletCecrops1280x800 Resolution ATM7029B A9 QuadCore, both have the same problem. When you plug a set of headphones into the audio jack, you get no sound, you can pull half way out and you get some sound but with static. Used different head sets, same issue with all. Can you help?

Default Re: Audio Problems

Welcome to Android Central! I wonder if the manufacturer uses some nonstandard jack. In any case, it sure seems like an issue with hardware, so there's probably not much you can do. Does it have Bluetooth? You could use BT headphones instead.

Posted via Android Central App.
    Please excuse any typos or autocorrect derps.

Default Re: Audio Problems

Curious if it maybe this? I did some research and I am not positive, but I may have found your problem. You are using what they call a 4 conductor pin, which means you have 4 sections on your plug in. Which means that the earplugs have a microphone built in and the port that you plug the headset in does not support that type of plug. I would go somewhere where they have a money back guarantee and purchase a pair with the 3 conductors.