Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By peter334
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Unhappy smartphone makes calls with no log of call

In the past month I have been receiving numerous calls daily from people in my area code who claim that I have just called them and they are returning my call. I don't use my phone much, but it is very obvious that I did not place the call either on purpose or inadvertently, and there is no log of the call being placed from my call log. I called att and they sent me to samsung who sent me back to the carrier--probably both thinking I'm crazy. I went to an att store and they gave me a new sim card. I did a complete refresh, but no luck. Next they say to go to best buy where they can refresh the bios or flash. Some of the blogs are talking about third party apps sending info, but I had the phone in safe mode, and I continued to get calls--some people acted pissed that I called and didn't admit to calling them! Is it Ashton Kuchter tried to jack me or what? Let me know if anyone is having similar experiences--I can't imagine what someone would be trying to sell me unless it's a new phone...tia Tom

Default Re: smartphone makes calls with no log of call

Hello, still get unwanted calls but now have instituted call blocking. This seems to have worked as the calls are getting fewer...so, maybe someone truly is harassing me and there is no app gliche as people have previously tried to get me to believe...I would be interested if anyone is having a similar experience. Thanks.

I read this a while ago and still can't help you.
    If someone played a prank and stuck your number on a board somewhere, people wouldn't say you just rang them.

If people are calling you by replying to your number appearing in the call log, they are not misdialling. Are they? Personally if it was that persistent, I would get the network to keep my number for me on a cheap cellphone, but change my main number to a new one and go to the trouble of gradually informing every one of the changed number.

There are help agencies for nuisance calls, but they're not!
    Can someone clone your number? Maybe.

I think the onus is on the network to fix it, and your callbacks to give you and them info, eg their call logs versus your call logs. A screenshot from them would do. Ask the patient ones for their help. Just a thought.

(By jove, I think that's brilliant!)

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk Pro
    Sent by pen and paper to Android Central, and with this device in case the mail doesn't arrive in time.

Not sure what to say, Madd54, but I personally would be a little paranoid giving my screenshot of call logs to a complete stranger who 'seemingly' just called me and said he didn't...I'll give it a shot on the next 'phantom' call and see what happens. Thanks for your response--at least it gives me something more to consider...and think about.

Naw. They could wipe over personal information before saving the screenshot, but then they would have to use a disposable email to send it to you etc.
    I can't see the carrier or callers being very helpful. It was a brief exercise in logic. I was brilliant for about four seconds.

Have a read of this other post today.
    @Rubkat usually knows his stuff. You can ask there.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sho....php?p=3841705

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk Pro
    Sent by pen and paper to Android Central, and with this device in case the mail doesn't arrive in time.

Madd54, thanks again, and I appreciated your brilliance--even if it was for only 4 seconds. )
    I was actually thinking of persuading someone to swipe their phone and text it to me, but not sure if I could talk someone through removing all the other call log entries...
    The other post from Rubkat was very helpful because I was curious when I did reverse phone lookups on some of my calls that they went to different carriers...so whoever is doing this has got a way to spoof the number that they use. I getting pretty convinced that someone has got issues and I may need to resort to your original last resort as much as I hate to change it...Funny thing is, since I've blocked my phone I haven't received these calls in about a week. That may have solved it enough to make it simply a nuisance versus a real problem.
    Madd54 likes this.