S3 silver screen ?

A

AC Question

My wife recently upgraded from a galaxy 3 to a 5. My 7 year old daughter asked to keep the 3 so she can listen to her music and play games stored on the phone. Well the outer screen cracked, and being a smart ***, I bought a new screen. Watching videos on the internet, I successfully replaced the outer screen. I did not cut any wires, but the screen appears silver, does not appear to work, where as all the lights, vibrations etc are working. Did I crack the lcd?
Thanks if you can help....Steve

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Does the touch sensitivity work? Does the silver appearance occur when the screen would be off or when it's on?

Posted via Android Central App

Squidseal

Aug 18, 2014
Visit site
Sorry for the delay.... Silver screen is continuous, both off and on. I do not hear the login music as the phone account is no longer active. Service was transferred to the S5. I would think I should hear the start-up jingle, but after a few minutes, nothing. I replace the charged battery, (has no problem charging, as I tested it in another friends S3), then power up and phone vibrates, the blue light (top left) lights for 3 seconds, then goes off. Then the lower 2 white lights light-up for 3 seconds, then blue light on, and nothing further. When off, my friends S3 screen appears black, and my daughters is silverish and gold ??? Could a crack have caused a vaccuum loss or something. does not appear to be any visual cracks on surface of screen, as viewed with a magnifying glass. Maybe cracked on back, not visual.
Not even sure I would be able to transfer phone memory to another device...
Thanks ... Steve

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Junkie XL