Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By B. Diddy
  • 1 Post By CSI Guy
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    638 Global Posts

Default Are there any kids games that I can buy that just let a child play and not ask you to buy more?

I am so frustrated at these games on Android and Apple that I could throw the iPad and Nexus tablet out of the window. Are there any games that I can just buy and have kids play without interruption from in app purchases? The kids just want to play a game but NO I have to go the tablet and stop the in app purchases so they can just play. I know people need to make a living but I am willing to pay for games that they can just play.

Default Re: Are there any kids games that I can buy that just let a child play and not ask you to buy more?

How old are the kids? The entire Dr. Panda line is good. I imagine you'd have to get the paid versions to avoid the in-app purchases. All of the Lego games are also very good--they don't feel the need to have in-app purchases, because the whole game is an ad in itself! But they're very well done, and pretty fun.
    Thanked by:
    Madd54 likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    638 Global Posts

Default Re: Are there any kids games that I can buy that just let a child play and not ask you to buy more?

Wow thank you so much for that info. My Grand Son is 4 years old. I have been having to help him every 5 minutes or less when these games bug him to buy more and more. Thanks again.
    B. Diddy likes this.

I also suggest Kids Place, which is good kid-friendly launcher that prevents them from accessing anything sensitive, like the Google Play Store.

Anything from Toca Boca is also excellent.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by CSI Guy View Post
    I am so frustrated at these games on Android and Apple that I could throw the iPad and Nexus tablet out of the window. Are there any games that I can just buy and have kids play without interruption from in app purchases? The kids just want to play a game but NO I have to go the tablet and stop the in app purchases so they can just play. I know people need to make a living but I am willing to pay for games that they can just play.
    Use airplane mode? or let them play with root and twrp and cwm and roms they love it

Quote Originally Posted by CSI Guy View Post
    Wow thank you so much for that info. My Grand Son is 4 years old. I have been having to help him every 5 minutes or less when these games bug him to buy more and more. Thanks again.
    Haha