Nexus 7 Charging Problem

A

AC Question

My Google Nexus 7 tablet has decided to give up on life. It was having trouble charging, so we ordered a new battery, thinking that the battery was going bad. Well, the battery arrived, I installed it, and... no change. The battery came with about 70% already on it, but it's doing the exact same thing that the last battery was doing - not charging when plugged in, and even slowly discharging over time, even when powered off.

So I did what any person would do and turned to trusty Google.com! Or maybe not so trusty... Apparently it's is quite common for Nexus 7 owners to experience battery trouble. However, none of the recommended "fixes" worked with my tablet. In my searchings, I discovered an app called Battery Monitor Widget that allows me to view exactly what my battery is doing, including letting me see how many mA were going through the battery. The Google Nexus 7 is supposed to have well over 1000mA going into it while it's charging, but mine has -300mA to -500mA. What?

So basically it seems that the charger is drawing power FROM the tablet instead of putting power INTO it. I have tried plugging the tablet into my laptop via USB to see if it has a faulty charger. But that made no difference, it was still discharging. So then I switched out the cord with the one that goes to my phone and tried it with both the charger and USB on my laptop. No change.

Now the battery is at about 40%, so I unplugged the charger, and removed the battery to save it from completely draining. Anyone have any ideas as to how I can fix my tablet?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21