Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default problem in nexus 5

i am having problem when people cant hear me they find me as if i am talking from far away.caller from the other end of my call cant hear me properly Call is a basic thing which a phone provides and if that doesnt work properly then it is a big flaw.please help me out and give me the best solution.

Default Re: problem in nexus 5

Quote Originally Posted by AC Question View Post
    i am having problem when people cant hear me they find me as if i am talking from far away.caller from the other end of my call cant hear me properly Call is a basic thing which a phone provides and if that doesnt work properly then it is a big flaw.please help me out and give me the best solution.
    You might have a dodgy phone, I had the Nexus 5 for a few good months and never noticed any call issues. Are your call volumes up to their max? are you making sure you are speaking directly into the microphone?

ROM
    X-Note7.0.1

Default Re: problem in nexus 5

There are a few possibilities.

Check the little mic hole. (Look in the book or an on-line manual to find it if you don't know where it is.) See oif there's any lint or dirt in the hole. There shouldn't be.

You could have a defective mic. You could have the wrong mic being used (internal mic used when you're using the speaker). There could be a defective component on the motherboard. (The volumes you can set have nothing to do with how the other party hears you, only with how you hear them.)

At worst you have a defective phone, and it would be covered under the warranty. The solution for that is to have the phone replaced.