Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Unhappy Android gets really hot on using internet, solution?

Hi everyone,
    my Android has a problem. a few months after buying it, it started to get hot near the camera, at the flash and under the charging port(where charger is connected). unaware of the reason, I ignored it. a few months, it heated everyday then stopped charging. when I sent it for repairing, I get to know that due to heating its IC(don't know what it is?) got burnt. The mechanic put an IC higher than before and I had to change the charger too. but the problem persists.
    now, I noted that when it's charging it gets hot but mostly don't if turned off before charging. and the heating increase when I'm using internet while charging it. when internet connection turned off, it cools down. what should I do? I've to work on internet and I can't wait for it to be charged for hours. please anyone help.

thanks.
    Banned

Global Posts
    270 Global Posts

Default Re: Android gets really hot on using internet, solution?

Quote Originally Posted by Rem22 View Post
    Hi everyone,
    my Android has a problem. a few months after buying it, it started to get hot near the camera, at the flash and under the charging port(where charger is connected). unaware of the reason, I ignored it. a few months, it heated everyday then stopped charging. when I sent it for repairing, I get to know that due to heating its IC(don't know what it is?) got burnt. The mechanic put an IC higher than before and I had to change the charger too. but the problem persists.
    now, I noted that when it's charging it gets hot but mostly don't if turned off before charging. and the heating increase when I'm using internet while charging it. when internet connection turned off, it cools down. what should I do? I've to work on internet and I can't wait for it to be charged for hours. please anyone help.
    "IC" is short for integrated circuit. A.k.a. "chip" to the rest of us. In a phone, tablet, or computer the processor(s) is (are) the most important chips. The heart of the device. The 'engine'. Engines running hot are no good, obviously, and can 'blow' or 'burn' themselves up. As seems to have happened to your 'old' IC.

So there seems to be something seriously wrong with your device's cooling. Do you perhaps have a case around it that inhibits proper cooling? If so, take it off and see if that improves things. Of course your device will then be much more vulnerable to shocks, bumps, and drops!

I would help to know what sort of device you have. Please post make and model.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

sorry posted twice
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

sorry posted twice.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Thanks for the reply
    I don't use a protective cover but still it gets hot.
    My device is Qmobile A6.

Global Posts
    15,503 Global Posts
    ROM
    Modified Stock 4.4.2

I doubt it's the cooling, it sounds more like a factory defective phone - which should be covered for replacement (probably with a refurb, but your phone is used too) under the warranty. If the local shop won't replace it (they got their one chance to fix it), contact the manufacturer. (I'm betting on a defective radio - which would be a defective motherboard.)
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Thanks for the reply. maybe it's factory defected but it didn't behaved like this when it was new but after six or seven months.