Nexus 4 ROM switching
First: sorry for my english. Second: Fresh new owner of a Nexus 4. Stock ROM. I only rooted and unlocked my Nexus device using WUG Toolkit. All good.
But i want to try other ROMs such as CM11 M9 and Android L build for Nexus 4 from XDA. I intend to use WUG for all these operations.
I have some questions:
1. If i want to flash some new ROM ( zip file ) i have to go to Advanced utilities and then choose Flash Image > system or should i use flash zips ?
2. After stop playing with custom ROMs how do i get back to stock and rooted&unlocked? Should i use Advanced utilities and then choose Flash Image > system ? Will that erase my custom bootloader/recovery?
Thank you !
- 08-13-2014, 12:49 PM #2
Re: Nexus 4 ROM switching
I am not familiar with Wug toolkits, but do you have a custom recovery installed? That is a much easier way of flashing ROMs and other files to your phone. Once you do have one, make sure you make a nandroid backup in case anything goes wrong.
Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.4
- By ConTejas in forum Google Nexus 6Replies: 134Last Post: 10-21-2014, 02:08 PM
- By ab2c4 in forum Google Nexus 5Replies: 9Last Post: 08-13-2014, 06:47 PM
It's long overdue that I applaud Google for the price of the Nexus 4. With the unlocked price of theBy Joan RHammack in forum Google Nexus 4Replies: 2Last Post: 08-13-2014, 01:23 PM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 08-13-2014, 12:39 PM
- By brainstewn in forum LG G3Replies: 1Last Post: 08-13-2014, 11:07 AM