recent update of os 4.2.2

ourfather

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
i have recently had notification on my acer a3-10 of an update to os 4.2.2 stating
that the os would remain as 4.2.2 but the update was necessary for kitkat 4.4 in the
future.
I downloaded and installed this update after which, I couldn't access the internet it
was stuck on searching for ip address
in the end I had to return it to factory settings which was a pain.
the update reminder has arrived again and I'm reluctant to install it again is this
update really necessary?
have you heard of this problem? if so could you tell me please who I refer this to
please?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
i have recently had notification on my acer a3-10 of an update to os 4.2.2 stating
that the os would remain as 4.2.2 but the update was necessary for kitkat 4.4 in the
future.
I downloaded and installed this update after which, I couldn't access the internet it
was stuck on searching for ip address
in the end I had to return it to factory settings which was a pain.
the update reminder has arrived again and I'm reluctant to install it again is this
update really necessary?
have you heard of this problem? if so could you tell me please who I refer this to
please?

When you reset device did you install a factory image or reset from within the system settings? Are set from settings shouldn't require you to re-download the update. I would check to make sure it's an update to the OS (check build numbers) and not rogue app asking for an update.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca