Received a text to my (android 3) android phone ....
.....received: from unknown (HELO njbbvmaapp05-e1) ([10.134.225.136])
with text messages attached.I'd prefer not to add the messages that where sent...they are rude.
Can anyone please tell me if this is an app or where it came from please.
It responded back wit texts back after I ask who is this.
- 08-13-2014, 07:38 PM #2
- 08-13-2014, 07:47 PM #3
- 08-14-2014, 12:03 PM #4
Re: Received a text to my (android 3) android phone ....
"HELO <name>" is the beginning of an email transmission. Considering that the server is Verizon's email-to-text portal (vtext.com), I'd guess that something got really messed up when someone sent you a text by emailing the portal. (You send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and the person with that phone number gets the email as a text.)
Unless I knew someone with the email address of njbrspamp6@.... I'd ignore it. If you know whose email address that is, email him or her and tell them that their email-to-text never got through. Or, if it got through except for the extra stuff at the top, respond by email. But I suspect that it's a "robodialer" kind of text sender, just spewing out gigabytes of spam, and your number is one that it hit. Considering the number of robo political solicitations being sent this time in an election year, it's not surprising that a few million get messed up. (I wouldn't know - I see the first one, then it goes into my "delete upon receipt" list, and I never see another email or text from that address or number again.)
- By Sepulcrum in forum Android 4.1 / 4.2 / 4.3 Jelly BeanReplies: 2Last Post: 08-17-2014, 12:27 AM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 08-13-2014, 07:41 PM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 08-13-2014, 02:30 PM
- By Mohammad Shebaro in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 3Last Post: 08-13-2014, 02:04 PM
- By Sepulcrum in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 08-13-2014, 01:39 PM