Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Overheating message at room tempature

I've had my galaxy s4 for three days now, on day two I dropped my phone in the water with a lifeproof nüüd case on it, water got in. I immediately took off the case and pulled out the battery and sim and began the drying process, not much water got in, it just made the battery moist, I put it in a warm place for about 32 hours the phone is fully functional. But I constantly get overheating messages, then I remove the battery it feels room temp, on top of that the phone won't charge, it's still holding 50% from the drop... What do I do? It's insured but is rather not have to get a new phone.
    Banned

Global Posts
    270 Global Posts

Default Re: Overheating message at room tempature

Quote Originally Posted by Zach Fraunhofer View Post
    I've had my galaxy s4 for three days now, on day two I dropped my phone in the water with a lifeproof nüüd case on it, water got in. I immediately took off the case and pulled out the battery and sim and began the drying process, not much water got in, it just made the battery moist, I put it in a warm place for about 32 hours the phone is fully functional. But I constantly get overheating messages, then I remove the battery it feels room temp, on top of that the phone won't charge, it's still holding 50% from the drop... What do I do? It's insured but is rather not have to get a new phone.
    It is obviously damaged by that dunk. Invoke insurance.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Overheating message at room tempature

It's no longer giving me messages about overheating but it still won't charge, that's obviously is hardware damage so I'll probably need a new phone