Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By AC Question
  • 1 Post By Phil Nickinson
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default How to stop Motorola Assist

How can I stop the annoying Motorola Assist? I don't want or need any of the app's features.
    THINNER likes this.

Default Re: How to stop Motorola Assist

Quote Originally Posted by AC Question View Post
    How can I stop the annoying Motorola Assist? I don't want or need any of the app's features.
    First - Motorola Assist is not annoying.

Go into Settings > Apps > and find Motorola Assist. Uninstall updates and disable it.

If you disable Moto assist you are going to lose battery saver. Not a big loss though.

Posted via Android Central App
    Android Central Editor in Chief

Global Posts
    4,874 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AC Question View Post
    Easiest thing is to just open it and turn off the feature you don't want.
    Ry likes this.

Just CLEAR the DATA.
    Go To: SETTINGS, APPS, ASSIST, CLEAR DATA.
    That will reset ASSIST, and turn it off. The only way to turn it on again, is to open the app, and instruct it to start assisting you.

I have needed to turn off moto assist on my 2nd gen Moto X as it continually announces calls and text messages while I am sitting in a quiet, open plan office - even when set to have no interruptions. I love the moto assist features, but I can not find any other way to stop this one annoying feature. And yes, before anyone suggests it, I have cleared the app data several times and nothing works.

To stop Motorola Assist (called "Moto" on Droid Turbo), simply reverse what you did to activate it. Here are the steps:
    1. Go to apps
    2. Tap Moto (may be tagged "Motorola Assist" on other phones
    3. Tap Continue
    4. Answer "No, maybe later" on bottom-left
    5. Use back arrow to go back to home screen
    I have not fully tested this but it got the Droid Turbo to stop responding to my vocal launch command of "this is your captain" in my case.
    Removing the app is not recommended: This may impact execution of other apps. And you may want to run the app later.

I discovered that if you uncheck the privacy policy agreement box, you get a message saying it will uninstall the app from your phone.

Assist is gone in Marshmallow and it's just called Moto.
    Motorola to drop Moto Assist, Migrate, and Connect in transition to Marshmallow | Greenbot

They've put stuff in other places. My X Pure came with MM installed and I've disabled Moto.

I'd like to know where some of the features were put, I'd love to tone down the sensor so it doesn' t pick up every movement - even paper. It's nice, but too sensitive. I've searched and most of the answers involve Assist which is not viable on MM. Moto seems more about privacy than customizing.