Android Device Manager disaster - please help! (Galaxy S4)

Marla McDaniel

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
A couple of days ago, I activated the Android Device Manager for my Galaxy s4 on the website and added a lock screen message "If found, please call [phone number]". But the message not only appears on the lock screen, it pops up frequently all the time, and the only way to get rid of it is to lock and then unlock the phone. There doesn't seem to be anything in particular that triggers it, I can be doing anything in any app or even nothing at all, and all of a sudden this bright red message just appears in the middle of the screen.

I went back to the ADM website to delete it, but it doesn't show that I have a lock message at all. So then I tried just turning off ADM, both in Google settings and also in the phone settings (Security -- Device Administrators). And of course I've restarted the phone numerous times.

Does anyone have any idea how to fix this?? It's kind of driving me crazy, but I'm afraid that my only options are (1) get used to it or (2) reset the phone to factory settings, which I REALLY don't want to do. Please help!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Did you add the lockscreen message using the phone's own Settings/Security menu, or using some other app?

Posted via Android Central App.
Please excuse any typos or autocorrect derps.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress