Phone signal lost on Nexus 4. [Debug info included]

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
Hello Team,

This is my first post as this is the first time to have weird problems with my phone. I got bumped into this forum through google search and I tried to find solution on similar thread. But nothing explained the problem similar to what I face. Hence thought of posting here and getting your expert advises.

Spec:
Phone: Nexus 4
Connection: Prepaid T mobile connection

Status: Have been using the phone with the same configuration for more than a year.

Problem Statement: From past 3 days, I am not getting T mobile signal. Wifi seems to work.
Setting->More->Mobile plan shows “please insert the sim card and restart”

Debug conducted so far:
1. No issue with the sim card: This sim card seems to work on another T-mobile device.
2. Soft reset did not work: I did Settings->Backup & Reset -> Factory data reset. This wiped all my data but still the same status.
3. Conducted a hard reset: Power button+volume key-> recovery mode -> wipe data/factory reset
4. Another observation: From past 3 days I am restarting the phone very often and I observe that the restart seems to take infinite time in most cases. I have to long press the power button over and over again and only if I am lucky it goes to home screen. I did spent 2 hours yesterday seeing the google loading icon (4 colored balls converting to one white ball) and clicking the power button repeatedly.

Please help me here. Let me know if you need more details.

Regards
-Vatsa

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463