- 3 Posts
Ok, I'm totally confused and don't know what to do. I have a SGs3 Verizon (unlocked) phone that runs using the Metro PCS/T-Mobile network. In "About Phone" it says it's running on 4.4.2 not too happy with it. Before I did that by accident it was running on JB 4.3 (loved that) can't get it back there though. How would I be able to tell if it's running on 4.4.2 Kitkat or just 4.4.2 whatever? How do I root it successfully so I get up to 4.4.4 Kitkat sooner then later? Thanks in advance.
- 08-13-2014, 07:05 PM #2
I guess you've read this?
Posted via Android Central App
- 08-14-2014, 03:33 AM #3
Anything after 4.4 is Kit Kat. Unfortunately you can't downgrade your firmware back to 4.3
As far as 4.4.4 goes, it's really just bug fixes. If you have no reason to update other than getting a higher Android version I wouldn't recommend that you root your phone.
Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.4"We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan
Galaxy Note 4
- By Sandy G in forum Google Nexus 5Replies: 16Last Post: 08-25-2014, 12:43 PM
- By utkarsh_reloaded in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 08-17-2014, 02:13 AM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 3Last Post: 08-13-2014, 03:58 PM
- By Cliff Sykes Jr in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 08-13-2014, 03:11 PM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 4Last Post: 08-13-2014, 11:46 AM