Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default Little green Robts on my Samsung Galaxy S3 phone screens

Hi,

I don't know how I got them but every day I delete the green robots and every day they come back. I put them in the trash but every day they are back. Can you tell me how to permanently delete them?

thank you,
    Helen Orr

Default Re: Little green Robts on my Samsung Galaxy S3 phone screens

Welcome to Android Central! Are they app shortcut icons? Sometimes an app shortcut will lose the actual app icon image, and just show as the generic green Android. This can happen for various reasons, like if an app was moved to an SD card, and the SD card subsequently was removed.

Can you show us a screenshot? [GUIDE] How To Post Screenshots on Android Central

Yes - they look like they are app shortcuts - like they say Nike shoes for Cheap or App of the Day. I really don't use them or want them....anyway I can get rid of them forever. some days there will be 10 other days there will be 30 on several different screens.Little green Robts on my Samsung Galaxy SIII phone screens-screenshot_2014-08-14-07-37-40.png

Oh, those look like ads that are being generated by something that you probably installed unwittingly, which came with some other app. You'll need to figure out which app is generating them. I would remove those icons again, then uninstall your games one by one (since games are usually the culprit when it comes to adware), and see if the icons come back.
    Thanked by: