Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By UJ95x
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default Andriod Phone Crashes often

My 1 year old Lg Optimus G pro has been recently randomly shutting off a few times every day. Sometimes it will be just sitting on my table not doing anything and ill heard a quiet snapping/whooshing sound and the phone will completely shuts off and reboots. A few times it gets into a cycle where it crashes at the LG splash screen, reboots and repeats. It has even happened while plugged in and fully charged, and has also happened with airplane mode on and no apps running.

I uninstalled all of my apps and even reset to factory defaults, updated the software, but the problem continues.

Any ideas or is it time for a replacement? Is it even worth it to buy a new battery to see if that is the culprit?

E980
    Android 4.4.2
    Kernel 3.4.0

Global Posts
    22,110 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: Andriod Phone Crashes often

Quote Originally Posted by AC Question View Post
    My 1 year old Lg Optimus G pro has been recently randomly shutting off a few times every day. Sometimes it will be just sitting on my table not doing anything and ill heard a quiet snapping/whooshing sound and the phone will completely shuts off and reboots. A few times it gets into a cycle where it crashes at the LG splash screen, reboots and repeats. It has even happened while plugged in and fully charged, and has also happened with airplane mode on and no apps running.

I uninstalled all of my apps and even reset to factory defaults, updated the software, but the problem continues.

Any ideas or is it time for a replacement? Is it even worth it to buy a new battery to see if that is the culprit?

E980
    Android 4.4.2
    Kernel 3.4.0
    I am not sure how offhand, but I would try rebooting into recovery to clear the cache partition. See if that helps.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

Global Posts
    8,982 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

Default Re: Andriod Phone Crashes often

I doubt the battery is the issue. You can try wiping the cache partition (although the factory reset is supposed to include that).

If not, it might be time to get it replaced

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.4
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan
    Golfdriver97 likes this.