Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Javier P
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default sign out of play store

ive recently brought a samsung gt-s583oi off my friend and i cant sign out of her google account/play store.
    how do i do this

Default Re: sign out of play store

First create a new account in settings - accounts. After that you can change between the two of them.
    If you want to remove your friend account you can do it in settings - accounts_ Google - select the account and click the three dots - remove account
    B. Diddy likes this.

Welcome to Android Central! If you bought the phone from a friend, and she no longer uses it at all, you really ought to remove her Google account from the phone, as described by Javier P. I doubt she would want her account active on any other device that isn't hers. Not that you'd do anything untoward, but anyone who wanted to do some damage to her Google account could do so easily from your phone, since it's already signed into her Google account.
    Thanked by:

I have a tablet for my 8yr old son & I want to sign out so he can't download stuff without my consent/password. Removing the account seems a bit extreme when I will be using it again in the future.

Global Posts
    11,744 Global Posts
    ROM
    Modified Stock 4.4.2

It's an either/or situation. It's the device that decides whether apps can be downloaded from the Play Store. If it has a Google Account, they can be.

I've never owned a tablet, but I understand hat you can make multiple profiles in tablets. If that's true, make a profile for him with no Google account, use Kid's Mode to keep him on that profile and switch Kid's Mode on and off as needed. (Or, if possible [I've never used Kid's Mode either], just set it up so the Kids Mode has no Google account.)

Quote Originally Posted by AC Question View Post
    ive recently brought a samsung gt-s583oi off my friend and i cant sign out of her google account/play store.
    how do i do this

Hello. Thanks for registering.

Did you want to ask the same question?
    Exaggerating since 756 BC

Take Note: I'm a Stickler for Detial