Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default Google Keyboard doesn't autocorrect or show predictions in any browser.

Hey guys. I'm using a rooted ATT GS5.

Recently my Google Keyboard has stopped auto correcting words and showing predictions in multiple browsers, I have tried (Chrome, Chrome Beta, Firefox etc). It had been working fine after root but I switched to Swiftkey to try something different. The keyboard does work correctly in hangouts and my messaging apps. I have tried reinstalling and clearing the caches for each browser and Google Keyboard. Does anybody have any suggestions to fix this?
    Retired Ambassador

Global Posts
    10,444 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock 6.0.1

Default Re: Google Keyboard doesn't autocorrect or show predictions in any browser.

When you go into keyboard settings for Google Keyboard, is auto correction turned on?

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.4

Default Re: Google Keyboard doesn't autocorrect or show predictions in any browser.

Quote Originally Posted by UJ95x View Post
    When you go into keyboard settings for Google Keyboard, is auto correction turned on?

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.4
    Yes I have the show correction suggestions set to : Always show
    Auto correction is modest. The suggestions/corrections show up in my other apps, just not in my browsers.

Did you manage to fix this? I'm having the same issues, and it's stopping me using a good keyboard as I use chrome a lot!

Global Posts
    47 Global Posts

Same problem here on my g2 and considering the scren on this thing has become wonky at best in accurately interpreting key strokes, its a real problem for me...its also how i found this thread.

Using google keyboard. No autocorrect at all and ive checked and rechecked settings to make sure its on.

I have the same problem on an unrooted Galaxy Note 3, with the Samsung calendar. Samsung's keyboard and SwiftKey work fine but the Google keyboard does not auto correct or predict text in that application. It used to but it seems to have stopped with a most recent update perhaps?

Same problem as well, since forever.

Has anybody found a solution to this?

It seems to be a pervasive problem, but I can't find a solution. I've even factory reset my phone, and still nothing.

Go to keyboard and input. Click on the settings for the input type you're using. Go to input, check prediction and auto spell correction.

Hope this helps. Posted as soon as I fixed it for my moto x.

Try to download the language again from the keyboard settings

LG g2 I have noticed the same thing. The bar is above some times like now but I'm General when searching google through chrome or Facebook it's non existent. I guess no one has found a solution yet?

Please let me know if you get a fix its Annoying the hell out of me. It works for example filling in boxes like these but not in browser bar. Thanks

I ended up downloading SWIFTKEY KEYBOARD and it works a treat. Abgunn25 I defo recommend it. Also it's a smart keyboard & has cool colours to pick from. Let me know how you get on.
    If anyone else has an issue like this and also the fact that the space key isn't working on the LG G4 then this is your fix. Trust me. It was making me regret my purchase until I downloaded this keyboard. Hope it helps ya'll. 😀

After ensuring the autocorrect and next-word suggestion boxed were checked, I was still having problems. Downloading language packs fixed it for me.

English (US) language pack wouldn't download on my phone for some reason, but there was another just called English and one called English (UK). After downloading these, the problem was fixed.

The only browser I've found it to work in is Dolphin. But this is a really poor design flaw.

Go to languages and input select google keybord in that you will find text corrections click on it then u will see text correction on toggle it to on