Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By UJ95x
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Can't update apps, but I can install them.

I have a Samsung Galaxy SII. Every time I try to update any app on the Google play store it says not enough internal storage, whilst it only requires 8mb and I have 256mb. I can perfectly well install apps. I have 12gb of usb storage 16gb of sd card storage and 256mb (or so) of internal storage. I have tried cleaning cache and I have clean master and even though it's rooted I can't mive most of my apps(my brother did it for me so I'm not sure about what he installed, I only know that it uses Jedi ROMS). The only way I can update my apps is through uninstalling the app and then reinstalling it with the update. Thanks very much for all your help, (in advance) I hope we can find a solution to this problem.
    -Microvolt52

Global Posts
    9,662 Global Posts
    ROM
    SlimLP 5.0.2 Weekly

Default Re: Can't update apps, but I can install them.

Welcome to AC
    I've found that when having low storage (even if you have more than enough for what is necessary) it occasionally would not let me install. Some apps don't support moving to the SD card, which is why you will only be able to move some completely, and only some parts of others.
    You can check out B. Diddy's guide on dealing with low memory usage here: http://forums.androidcentral.com/amb...-warnings.html
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan

Current Devices:
    Galaxy Note 4
    rMBP 13"
    iPad 2
    B. Diddy likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

The problem is not installing apps it's updating apps, I can download apps bigger than the update but the update says I don't have enough space.
    any ideas?

Global Posts
    12,262 Global Posts
    ROM
    Modified Stock 4.4.2

Each phone has a certain minimum amount of storage needed for certain functions. The S2 may need more than 256MB for updating an app. (It doesn't matter how much storage you have anywhere but in the partition the apps go into - you can have an empty 128GB external SD card and still not be able to update apps if you don't have enough free internal storage.)