Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By AC Question
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Question Issue with S Health and ANT+ Garmin Heart Rate Monitor

Hi all,

I have a Samsung S4 and recently bought a Garmin Heart Rate Monitor with ANT+. When using the S Health app to track my exercise, I can see that the phone and HRM are paired, and the S Health app is registering my heart rate AND gives me a chart of my heart rate during the period of exercise, but it doesn't calculate my calories burnt properly. I cycled home for 40 mins the other day with an average heart rate of 178bpm and it said that I only burnt 150kcals (is this calories, not sure why the extra 'k' as it's certainly not for kilocalories!), and when on the treadmill today for 30 mins it said I burnt no kcals!

I'm hoping I missed something really basic in the setup here, so any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jade
    Jadea864 likes this.

Default Re: Issue with S Health and ANT+ Garmin Heart Rate Monitor

Did you ever get an answer for this? I'm trying to get S Health on my S5 to recognize my Garmin heart rate strap and getting nothing.
    thanks.

Did you ever get this to work?

Hi

I've been struggling with this on my NOTE4 and may have a suggestion. S Health lists the compatible hrm straps and then lets you "Register" your choice. I have a Garmin ANT+ HRM1G. I've already set myself up in S Health so the setup wizard was not active. I had to find the appropriate screens manually as follows:

1) Open S Health
    2) Select the steps monitoring screen. My screen has "Jack" (me) in the upper left , "More" in the upper right, and "Be more active" as a header. It displays the number of steps today etc.
    3) Select "More" (displays (Manage Items, Partner Apps, Accessories, & Settings)
    4) Select "Accessories" (displays Registered accessories and lists View More at the bottom of the list.) I had to View More to find my Garmin
    5)Select your ANT+ HRM (I wore mine but I'm not sure if it is necessary)
    6) When you select a compatible HRM, "Register" will display in the top right hand (in green)
    7) Select Register and the devices will pair

Good Luck

Awesome ...just the information I was looking for.

I still am having problems getting my S Health to read from my Garmin Heart Rate Monitor... I paired it up, but it is not reading...How do I get it to stop using the phone sensor and read the Garmin HRM?
    D-K

Same issue as the previous post. Paired but not reading from it except from my fingerprint.

My Note 3 won't pair with my Garmin Heart Rate monitor at all. It doesn't even recognise it when I scan devices.

Anyone managed to make this work ? I have the same issue paiting with a Timex 2.4 GHz HR band. It appears when scanned and registers, but I get no HR reading within S Health app. I checked my S4 is receiving a signal from the HR monitor since Strava gets a HR reading.

Also tried uninstalling the latest update and going back to the original version of S Health and it paired with the HR monitor and gave a reading, so it seems the issue is with the new S Health update.

I have a Note5 and use a Garmin ANT+ HRM and free Endomondo exercise app. All works well together

Hi,

I was also trying to connect my HRM with S Health and was confused why isn't it reading my heart rate even though Garmin HRM is registered.

Well the reason for this was I haven't started any activity on my S Health. Once I start an activity it starts registering my heart rate. It's not like your other HRM that constantly tracks your heart rate for example vivo or gear.

Hope this helps

Yup. This is what I have been looking for. Thanks Yogesh. You gave me my sanity back.

if you still have problems, remember that you need to be wearing the HRM when you try to register it in S Health.