Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By belodion
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default Galaxy S4 turn on automatically when i put the battery in, then dies for good.

My galaxy s4 turn on on its on with out pressing the power button as soon as i put the battery in, then it dies after it gets to the galaxy s4 logo.. then nothing would turn in back on. i tried almost everything, idk what to do.

Is it hard bricked or is it soft bricked? I also cant get to the hard reset menu. When i put the battery i quickly press the power button and the down volume button, it goes to the boot menu screen. if i press up volume button fast enough itll continue to that but then die right away. And if i dont press volume up button it also dies right away.

Please help, with any suggestions.
    Thank you.

Default Re: Galaxy S4 turn on automatically when i put the battery in, then dies for good.

It sounds as if it may be a problem with the power button or its associated circuitry.
    This is interesting .... for an S3, but the same problem as with S4:

How to Easily Fix Defective Power Switch/Button (…:

Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by:
    killerz298 likes this.

Default Re: Galaxy S4 turn on automatically when i put the battery in, then dies for good.

Did you ever get it back working? I am having same exact issue, and would greatly appreciate info on how you solved it.

Thank you

Mine started doing this last night as well. Any ideas?

Global Posts
    10,677 Global Posts
    ROM
    Modified Stock 4.4.2

If it's never been wet, or damp from being cold and brought into a warm environment (that's as bad as dropping it into water), it could be the power switch, which isn't expensive to have replaced, or it could be the motherboard, which is. Only bringing it in for an estimate will tell you which it is.

If it's been wet, don't bother - all it needs replaced is everything but the plastic parts of the case - which would cost more than the retail price of a new one.

Did you find the solution to the problem yet?
    I'm having the exact same trouble and I read somewhere that this is an indicator of your bootloader being ruined. Can please someone confirm this for me?
    Appreciate the help.

So things were going well for awhile and then the reboot loops started up again. I did some digging and read that apparently Samsung phones are notorious for sticking power buttons and the symptoms were exactly what I was experiencing. I watched some videos online how to open the phone and clean out the power button but it didn't make a difference. I then read that squeezing the connector for the power button with a pair of pliers sometimes does the trick. Not for me. So finally since I'm not under warranty, have no insurance, and the phone wasn't working anyway, I just ripped the white plastic part of the power button right off. Well, that seemed to do the trick. Phone immediately fired back up without issue and has been going strong. I glued a small thin piece of plastic where the old one used to be and I am back in action. If my little plastic piece solution eventually fails or breaks off I will consider soldering on a new button but so far so good.

If you have tried everything else, and are looking for last resort, try cleaning the power button with some alcohol, and if that fails, rip off that power button! Here is the video that gave me the idea: youtube.com/watch?v=3Glllc7bEJs and here are some other power button videos: youtube.com/results?search_query=s4%20power%20button&search_type=&aq=f&oq=