Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default Samsung galaxy s2 i9100P

i have this phone that is on orange. it does not have the play store but it has some orange app shop. this app store doesnt even work. it says 'sorry, app shop cannot connect. if you are using wifi, please disable this mode which is not currently supported. If not, please re-try when in a good GSM coverage area.'

I just put my wifi on the phone. if that doesnt work, i cant get any apps.

i heard you can get android os on this but i tried connecting it to samsung kies but it said the device is not supported. how do i get this to work?
    how do i get anything to work on this phone??? like install android or even get the orange app shop to work.

Default Re: Samsung galaxy s2 i9100P

Welcome to Android Central! Not all devices are certified for the Google Play Store, although it's odd that a Galaxy S2 wouldn't be. So you don't see the Google Play Store anywhere? If the phone is really old, it might still be called the Android Market.

You could try downloading the apk installer file for the latest Google Play Store and installing it. Make sure you have "Unknown Sources" checked on in Settings>Security. Keep in mind that this may still not work.

You could also try installing the Amazon Appstore by going to amazon.com/amazonappstoreapp on your phone browser and following the directions from there.