Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By SpookDroid
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default Transfer photos from nexus 7 to computer

Can I use the same USB cable that I charge the nexus 7 with to transfer photos to my computer? My computer recognizes my cameras, but doe snot seem to recognize the nexus 7 so I wondered if it was the cable not being able to transfer data?

Default Re: Transfer photos from nexus 7 to computer

You should be able to use your USB cable to transfer photos (although some computer ports are picky about very long cables or with shady construction ones).

You could also have a driver issue and just need to install it for your computer to recognize the Nexus. When you plug it into your computer, does anything happen in your tablet? Does it charge from the computer's port?
    CompuDino likes this.

Default Re: Transfer photos from nexus 7 to computer

Excellent feedback SpookDroid. I do hope that this thread gets more replies as I would love to begin making better use of my N7 for picture taking, downloading to and from etc. The camera aspect of the tablet really seems to be a 'step child' type of function to me in that it would appear that Google treated it as an after thought and dropped off any responsibility/use onto Apps.