Android OS Data Usage More than 75%
I am using a MotoG Phone
Android Version 4.4.4
i had some software problem with headset, after factory reset, the pandora's box opened. Headset problem was solved but the earlier Google Play services and Now Android OS are eating away my Mobile Data , around 75% -80 % is used by Android OS now , and same was case with Play services couple of days back
things i tried: Restricted background data, but that pretty muck makes a smartphone useless, auto sync OFF, backup off
still Android OS is cruising on my Data Plan only time it takes a rest is when i OFF the mobile data.
Please suggest what can be done, it cannot be restriced also
- 08-14-2014, 11:22 AM #2
Re: Android OS Data Usage More than 75%
Are any of the photo backup options turned on? It might be that it's trying to either backup your files or restore them.
You could also try to go into the Application Manager, scroll to the ALL tab, find Google Play Services, and first clear cache/data there. If it doesn't work, try uninstalling updates and reboot (it will automatically re-update. But try to do this over WiFi just in case.
- 08-14-2014, 10:51 PM #3
- 08-15-2014, 10:56 AM #4
- By Irtesam Zaidi in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 6Last Post: 08-15-2014, 07:23 AM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 4Last Post: 08-14-2014, 10:52 PM
- By jsmgriffin in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 08-14-2014, 10:43 AM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 08-14-2014, 10:34 AM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 0Last Post: 08-14-2014, 08:59 AM